Monday, September 27, 2010

Remembering Reach: Halo: Reach Review

I have a secret... when Halo Combat Evolved was first released, I didn't like it. I tried it and all the hype said it was the greatest thing ever. But something was missing. Maybe it was what I feel is a lack of narrative or that it seemed I was running around the same places over and over. It just didn't do it for me. Same with Halo 2. But granted, I didn't give that one much of a chance after playing the first one.

Fast forward a bunch of years: my son is old enough to enjoy games like Halo. He borrowed Halo 3 and became hooked. He asked me if I wanted to play with him. Begrudgingly, I did and I found myself enjoying the experience. A lot. We got ODST when it came out and pre-ordered Reach. Even though, I can't say I've been a fan from the beginning, it's a bit strange to think Bungie will not be making any more Halo games. But Reach is a fitting end.

My review of Reach

3 comments: