Monday, August 30, 2010

Video Games with Terrible Controls

Everyone has played a game with terrible controls at one time. What sucks is no matter how much you wanted to play the game, the controls are so bad, they force you to stop. One example that always comes to mind for me is Destroy All Humans Big Willy Unleashed for the Wii. My husband and I had such a good time playing Destroy All Humans 2 that as soon as Big Willy came along, we snagged it right away. Unfortunately, the controls were so terrible we traded it in soon after we got it. The camera would spin out of control if you weren't careful, nothing worked like it should, and the whole control scheme was too sensitive.  What a disappointment.

There are other games notorious for crappy controls like Superman for the N64 and tons of third party mini-games for the Wii. What terribly controlled games can you think of?

I must say I really did think about adding Resident Evil to the list for their "tank" controls. But for me, at least, I was able to get used to the controls and beat the older RE games. Video games with really sucky controls can't be learned and then the game is essentially broken, imo.

Here's what I think are some games with the worst controls:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5727070/video_games_with_terrible_controls.html?cat=15

2 comments:

  1. Good selections here - I agree that games with awkward controls are a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point about sucky controls! What a waste :(

    ReplyDelete