Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The 3DS at E3 2012: A Wishlist


In less than two weeks E3 will kick off.  While many gamers are focused on what will be said about the Wii U, I'm slightly more interested in what's happening with the 3DS.  So here's a little wishlist of things I hope are announced for the handheld at E3 2012.

1. Give me Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3D for the holiday season. If I had to pick one, though, I guess I'll go with Luigi. Just don't announce that both of them are coming out soon and then delay them both. I can't take anymore delays this year.


2. Give me more downloadable games. I'm not ashamed to admit I spent a lot of time "window shopping" in the 3DS eshop. I especially want to see all the older Legend of Zelda games available. If Nintendo isn't going to remake a Zelda game for the 3DS before they release a new one, the least they can do is let us download the originals.  Why don't you want to take my money, Nintendo?


3. Show me anything new Zelda related. I don't care if it's a picture of poorly drawn Link framed by a 3DS. I'm not hoping for a definite release date, just something to remind us that you're making it.

4. Something brand new, exciting and a surprise to everyone. I suspect that the Wii U will get its share of (hopefully) awesome announcements, but don't leave out the 3DS.


That's about it. I'm not a greedy person. I just want everything on this list and anything else you think is cool. Okay, Nintendo?

Nintendo's presentation will be on June 5 at 9:00 am PDT. You can watch it at http://e3.nintendo.com/

5 comments:

  1. I don't like the 3ds. I have the DSiXL and I just hope they don't stop making DS games. The 3DS I can't play it gives me way to much of a headache and crosses my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3D made my head spin at first, but now I'm used to it. I like that you can turn off the 3D completely if it gets to be too much.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to find a friend with one and play it for a while before I purchase one on my own.

      Delete
  2. I love my 3DS! Mostly because it was free, but I am really dissapointed with the level of downloadable support.

    I would kill to be able to play Super Mario World on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last Nintendo handheld I actually owned was a GBA, though I played with my friend's DS a good deal after that. The only game that could've made me buy one of my own was an Ocarina of Time port/remake. Sadly, we had to wait until the 3DS before that happened, by which time I had discovered the wonders called emulators. Now, I have all the Nintendo classics (that I once owned mind you!) on NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy Advance and Gamecube, just waiting to be fired up and played right there on my PC. :D

    ReplyDelete