Monday, May 7, 2012

May Monster Madness: Resident Evil and Silent Hill

Call me weird, but I don't mind Tank controls.  Early PlayStation games often used Tank controls, like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. While there are few things more frustrating than trying to run away from a zombie or monster only to run head first along the wall, I have (almost) fond memories of the awkward control scheme's challenges.

But what about those monsters? From Silent Hill 2, I give you The Bubble Head Nurse



The shaky, twitchy way they walk creeps me the hell out. But they are faster than they look. They make horrible gurgle sounds and carry pipes. The pale ones has bloody mouths, while the darker ones seem to have a film part of their faces. They're gross, but I love them.


From Resident Evil 4, there's Dr. Salvador:


Yeah, he looks like  Leatherface wearing a sack, but there's more than one of these trying to part Leon with his head in RE 4. I think what gets me the most about "Chainsaw Guy" is that one of them shows up very early on in the game. 



*This is my last post for May Monster Madness. I'd like thank Annie Walls for putting it together. I really enjoyed discovering some great blogs!




5 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I super enjoyed your Monster Madness posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the first time I got Leon's head sawed off in RE4. It happened so fast and was simply too shocking to believe.

    I never played any of the Silent Hills beyond the first one. But if the nurses in Part 2 are anything like the ones in 1, then they'd definitely get my vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny you mention the controls. Sadly, that's why I couldn't get into Resident Evil games. If you like scary games, you should try Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amnesia is a PC only game, right? I'll have to check it out. I usually don't play PC games, but it sounds like something I'd like.

      Delete
  4. Terrific article! This is the type of information that are meant to
    be shared around the net. Shame on the seek engines for
    no longer positioning this submit upper! Come on over and visit my site .
    Thanks =)

    My web site: acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete