Friday, April 13, 2012

Link Tattoo

Deciding on what kind of tattoo to get from the Legend of Zelda was difficult. It seems like I spent years thinking about it. At first, I didn't want to get one that was too recognizable. I wanted something that only Zelda fans would understand. Although with over a dozen games, the choices were endless. So then I decided on Link,  but which one?

I thought 8-bit Link was a cool idea, expect I've seen it done a lot. Same with Ocarina styled Link.  Eventually, I picked Wind Waker Link, then switched to Skyward Sword Link, and back to Wind Waker.

Why did I pick Wind Waker Link? First, I think he's adorable.  Second, he seems to be a dividing factor among Zelda fans. Wind Waker received a lot of complaints when it was released. Not everyone liked the cel-shading or that Link looked very young. Since I love the look of the game, I thought it would be cool to show my support, permanently on my arm.

So here's my tattoo of my favorite video game character ever, looking super tough, but cute.

The original picture:


 And my tattoo:

My awesome husband did my Link tattoo. :)

9 comments:

  1. The shading on that is spot on, your tattooist has done an amzing job.

    /Wes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he works at a tattoo parlor named Monster Monkey. :)

      Delete
  2. That is one of the nicest tattoos I've seen. I love your reasoning for picking Wind Waker Link. I haven't played the game but think he looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tattoo! Your husband did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's dedication. And your husband did a great job matching the style. My husband says that if he were going to get a tattoo, it would be the triforce on the back of his hand, like Link's... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! And I own this game and love it too!! Link is AWESOME! :) I should get the King of Red Lions on my ankle so people can be like....what is that... LOL I would get such a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hеllo it's me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis, this website is truly fastidious and the visitors are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.

    Here is my website quick house sale

    ReplyDelete